We had a good Thanksgiving at home this year. Both Adam and I have different opinions of what is important in a Thanksgiving celebration. He is ALL about the food and the large crowd, while I am less about the food and more about making sure my boys get good naps and that nobody gets stuck in the kitchen all day(don't leave me behind if you are going to go out to play football).
We collaborated well and ended with a small crowd, naps for the boys, and a lot of help in the kitchen.
And our new tradition of Thankful leaves was a hit.
Most of us had a great time.
Emma has been reading the Little House series lately and this was right up her alley with meeting houses, tinners, blacksmiths, general stores, one room school houses, stage coaches, wagon rides, sheep shearers and weavers, saw mills, and turkey shoots.
*Cayden really had fun too, he ran from house to house at full speed and was the loudest guest there.

Saturday Adam was working on Long Island with Mormon Helping hands and the kids and I hung out at the house cleaning and eating left overs and watching movies.
Sunday was the Primary Program. Finally. Those poor kids have been singing those same ten songs all year, but thier practice really showed. Every single song was great.
Adam and I were so proud of our girls. They are great little singers. And I was just marveling at how Gracie knew all the songs.
Her favorite is "Choose the Right" closely followed by the "Wise Man and the Foolish Man".
Ellie and Emma sang "Jesus is My Loving Friend" together and that was so sweet. Ellie gave a little talk on agency that she wrote herself. She found a scripture that she wanted to share and I showed her in the Gospel Principles book where Agency is written about and she added a summery of the story of Adam and Eve. She was too embarrased to think of a personal story about herself and agency, but it was still a good one.
I am so thankful for this Thanksgiving weekend.
Now on to Cyber Monday...my Christmas shopping must begin.





















No comments:
Post a Comment