Saturday, February 02, 2008

Thank Heaven for Answered Prayers

For a couple of nights last week Ellie was having some pretty scary nightmares. By the third night she was too scared to go to bed. I asked her if she thought Heavenly Father could help her to not have bad dreams, and Ellie looked at me quizzically,
"Does He really know how do that?"
"Oh sure he can. In your prayers tonight we need to ask Him to help you dream good dreams and to help you sleep better."
Then she had another question, "Does He write down our prayers so he can remember them?"
"No honey, he remembers them all and answers those that need him the most right away, " I replied.
"Right away?"
"Right away."

So we said her prayers and she was able to fall asleep shortly afterward and slept soundly all night. Thank Heaven for Answered Prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Heavenly Father amazing?? I am sure this will be an experiance Ellie will remember forever. By the way congrats on the degree...you're my hero!!

Aartje said...

Kayla, you're a very special Mom - I know Heavenly Father loves you and your family very much.
Oma Smith

Annie Taylor said...

What a great experience for Ellie. I'm sure your prayers were answered too. I am always so thankful when Heavenly Father helps my child's faith to grow and they know prayer really does work.

Christy said...

Your a FANTASTIC mommy. I'm trying to do that now with my 14 year old. We've gotten through some very tough moments that way.