
Adam found this little gem on the side of the road with a free sign on it(for some reason he is good at spotting free kids toys). He had planned on taking it to his warehouse to clean it up and make sure it was in working order before giving it to the girls, but he just couldn't wait. I was literally minutes from putting them in their beds when he arrived home yelling up the stairs for the girls to come see a surprise. Needless to say, bedtime was thrown out the window. They were so excited to see the little four wheeler but bitterly disappointed when it didn't work, so Adam spent the weekend reviving it.
At first it looked like it needed a new battery, but Adam was able to revive the old one by adding battery acid and water in it chambers(I only know this because I was holding the flashlight as he used a syringe to get the battery juice out of his truck battery to put in the other at 11pm Friday night). And after cleaning up some connections and aligning some of the wiring the Warrior Princess ran like a charm.
Ellie is already a pro at shifting from low to high and from forward to reverse. If she starts to peel out she knows to shift her weight to the side of the bike that is spinning. She can also rock the bike forward when going up the hill in our back yard. Emma earned the most improved award today as she began to understand how to steer. She made it all the way around the house and when she finished she exclaimed, "I did it my self!"
And other good news, I found Adam's work camera AND my camera arrived today after being repaired. My life is whole again, I have my camera and I am not in trouble for losing Adam's.
7 comments:
Oh my goodness, I'll tell you what..I think I will sleep better tonight. I unfortunately SO KNOW that feeling when you've lost something. Hurray!!!!!! Happiness all around...bike working, happy girls, happy camera, happy mom. Awesome.
Hurray for the quad, the girls love just sittin on the on that doesn't work in my yard. Eric and Adam were looking at our non working quad yesterday trying to figure out if they can fix it.
Oh no boys and their toys :-) Can't they pass something else on to their children?
Wow, I can't believe he found that on the side of the road and got it running. Way cool! Your girls will have a blast.
See Kayla I'm makeing a coment.So thats the quad.Ellie and Emma seem to love it!Have fun with the quad.P.S. I like when you taped Emma on the little quad
Thanks little sis for your comment. Love ya.
Ed is so jealous about your find. Good job, thie girls look like they are having a blast.
Post a Comment