Little babies are born with little control over their little limbs, it is a great accomplishment just to get their fist into their mouths. Then, they grow a little bigger and are scooting around on the floor able to pick up the smallest speck of dirt or crumb and put that in their mouths. Well, my baby has crossed another milestone and can string beads, so I guess she is probably not a baby anymore. She can do a lot of little girl things. She is so polite, with a "thantuoo" at every turn. She loves to try and dress herself and when she succeeds she does the "Dora Dance," "I did it, I did it, yea!!" She consistently eats three helping of cereal each morning. She loves to tell "knock-knock" jokes. The opening line is the funniest to her. She loves her sister Ellie and cries for her anytime we go anywhere without her. She loves to talk on the phone to daddy and tell him she is "fine" and "I luvuoo." She likes to look at books in bed before her nap.
And she is too big for her crib. After spending four nights in a different bed while Adam's family was visiting there was no returning to the cage. She has claimed the other twin bed in Ellie's room as hers and has loved every minute of it. I loved my baby Emma, but I have a feeling that "little girl" Emma will be just as fun.
7 comments:
It's bitter sweet when they start to reach those milestones. She was such a sweet baby and now such a sweet girl. I just love it when she says my name when she sees me.
She is such a big girl! Do the girls sleep in the pink and yellow room now?
Mel,
Yes, the twin beds are in the yellow and pink room but Ellie has been asking us to bunk the beds and I am almost ready to do it. So perhaps after christmas vacation we will bunk the beds and put them back in the green bedroom.
So sweet! And bittersweet too.
It is amazing how quickly our little ones grow up. Samantha amazes me each day. Now she says "Mama I have a question," while Margaret says Mama and truly knows it's me. It is wonderful and sad all at the same time.
I have a tear in my eye remembering when my little girls were little girls and now they have little boys and little girls hands to watch too.
Emma is such a sweet heart..I miss her thank you's and cute little giggle.
Post a Comment