Saturday, April 08, 2006

Baltimore's Inner Harbor


Adam's pool cover season is about to begin with full force, so this past weekend we had our last hurrah. We were invited to a reception in Mt. Airy, Maryland, a town about an hour south of Baltimore, so we decided to make a weekend out of it.
We booked a nice hotel room near Baltimore's Inner Harbor. The Inner Harbor is just a nice spot in Baltimore with museums, shops, restraunts, boats, and an Aquarium. We checked into our hotel at about 3, hit the pool, and then we cleaned ourselves up for the reception. The reception was nice, we were able to catch up with our friends from the area, but we were quite exausted when we finally arrived back at the hotel room. Emma went right to sleep, but Ellie started having her "I want my bed" tantrum and the "I want to go home" fit. We rented a movie thinking she would fall asleep watching it. Not so, we watched all of Narnia and she was still awake. Finally she fell asleep and her teammate, Emma, woke up. Talk about tag-team! The next morning I was a little frustrated, I had spent the night in a woderful hotel room with fluffy pillows and mattresses and did not get any SLEEP! Oh well, the next day was a blast.
Ellie really enjoyed the Aquarium, especially the dolphine show, and even Emma liked some of the exhibits, I think the rain forest was her favorite. After the Aquarium we strolled around outside, the weather was great, so warm and they already had blossums and leaves on thier trees. Connecticut is a few weeks behind. Later we ate lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, which was wonderful, and started our trip home.
I loved our Mini-vacation and we have decided it is important to have a few trips during the year with our little family. Next we might try camping in Palmyra.

No comments: