Have I mentioned how much we love this beach and the lake?
It is our summer retreat. I had to the kids do two sessions of swimming. I was seriously contemplating renting a house on this lake and staying all summer, canoing to our swimming lessons and biking to the library and diner. Too bad my husband is too practical for that sort of frivolity. "Kayla, you can't spend $$$ on a summer house twenty minutes from your own."
Maybe next year ;)
The Big Event: Swim Across the Lake Day
Emma surprised us all. She was the the second kid across! Remember last year, when the life guard had to practically tow her all the way across?
Her secret?
"I just kept swimming. I didn't want to rest."
Here are the next two hot on her tail.
There was some excuses given to why these big girls couldn't keep up with Emma, but it was all in good fun and we were ALL so proud of each other.
Some Kite fun.
Never take this kids "tovel". He will make you pay for it with his deathly screams.
This cutie, cute lake doggie could have been the trigger to us trying out a doggie of our own.
Game Day
Ellie's friends are always so good to happily play with the "Little's".
"Look, Mom was there too!"
(proof that I did get to spend my summer lakeside, because my tan is already fading)
"Goodbye Sandy Beach....till next year!"
























2 comments:
Looks like SO much fun!! I love swimming, water, the lake, the ocean, a swimming pool. I think you get the idea. Looks like a blast!
WHat is the address or gps location? I tried to find bantam lake once by signs and got totally lost and never tried again lol. This place looks great!
Post a Comment