We were going to visit our cousins in VA. Who knew that after we got there we would get to cross off more undone things on our lists and that would cause an avalanche of other undone summer activities.
We really do love to visit my aunt and uncle, they are so chill. I show up with my five kids and a bag of fruit loops and they love me, give me a place to sleep, feed me and my brood, watch the little boys for me so I can play with friends in DC, test my car battery, and take me to parks and swimming, all while they are shuttling teenagers to and from work and band practice, trying to catch up on rest from their wild weekend just before I came, and get ready for a scout camp out for right after I left. Whew, they definitely are the best kind of uncle and aunt, plus they've got great kids. Cayden and Gracie would happily hop in the car right now for another 8 hour drive to see their cousins again.
On our second day in VA, Mel(you remember Mel, right?) took us to DC. We spent our time in the National History Museum, which we practically had to drag the kids out of and the Air and Space Museum.
Visit Museums...Check..
My pictures are from the butterfly conservatory that Mel got us into for free!
But don't worry if you don't have an awesome friend like her, the full priced tickets are not badly priced.
Everyone else was thrilled at the idea of a butterfly landing on them,
except for Gracie and Mel's little man.
After getting distracted by so many good things to see in the Natural History Museum, we made it to the Air and Space Museum.
And then Metro-ed it home again.
I could have listened to this small one all day. He was too adorable. And Mel's oldest has grown so big and wise, and is such a great big brother. Plus he was a super gentleman to my girls. Chip, in the middle, cracked me up too. It is so good to get to see them. I can't believe how lucky I am that she moved across the country into my aunt's neighborhood.
And a few days after we made it home, we ran to the local amusement park for one more check.
Everyone had a great time, even the babe was good, until the end, when he was done.
With one week left, we headed to March Farms.
It was one of our favorite places last year, but somehow it didn't hold the same attraction for us this year. It could be that someone had to carry a heavy baby around the whole farm, or that one of the older girls is starting to be very disinterested in playgrounds.
Oh, well.....check.
And don't forget to finish that sewing those pj shorts that we started the second week of summer and never got back to until now.
Check.
Our final summer list check off activity was a trip to our beloved Kids City. We technically didn't make it there before the big girls started school, but we had did make it a few days before Gracie headed back to preschool.
Check!
I so, so love to bring my little babies to this museum around the 12 month mark. It is when they really start looking around and finding treasures to play with, and it magically keeps them entertained for a good six or seven more years.
Although we are bummed about the things that we didn't get too, what a list and what a great summer.
































1 comment:
Kayla, of course I remember you! You are one of the older young women that I idolized as a girl!
Post a Comment