Our town is not big.
There is not a lot to explore,
but I have been pretty impressed with what we have seen on our bike in the past few weeks.
Our lone playground/batting cage/little legue field has become our favorite stop off on many of our rides. If you find a game going on, the snack shack has a perfect hotdog or a wide variety of sugary candies. If no game you can still play on the playground, or throw rocks in the stream, or admire the view. You can see quite a bit of town from there, at least three of the four churches. I had never noticed, but at noontime each one of those churches has a unique bell toll. The kids and I thought it was pretty cool to hear bells going off all around us as we pedaled down Main St the other day after picking Gracie up from preschool.
This week they have started prepping the Opera House for new paint.
Isn't that the prettiest building? The town has had a hard time making this old theatre into an actual money maker, but they are still trying at it and I hope they never give up.
Also, we have seen the beloved Hank the Tank Engine quite a few times, as the New England Railroad Museum is right next to my husbands warehouse were we begin all our rides.
One of these days we should dismount our bikes and actually step inside the museum.





No comments:
Post a Comment