Monday, January 30, 2012

Winter Woes

 Awe, January, how long can you be?!?
I have so started dreaming about my summers and wishing these dismal days away.  And this year has not even been bad weather-wise, hardly any real snow to speak of and quite a few "warm" weeks.  I think I am starting to feel a pinch with our house size and the number of people we have roaming around in it.  It's another thing altogether to have a two year old boy in the house ALL the TIME!  Emma is pretty good about taking him outside for me but she can only last about half an hour before she's had it with him too.  So here's a few things that keep our cabin fever in check...

GeoTrax- I pride myself on always setting those tracks up differently each time we play.  I have been pleasantly surprised at how many different options I have come up with. :)  The kids really like it when I can figure out how to have the tracks split and then come back together.

 

Dishes- The more suds the better.


Reading- It sure is great having another reader in the house when the little ones want a story.


Puzzles- Gracie has discovered where I hid the puzzles and everyday she comes up to me with her hands clasped, "Mom, pleeeaaaase can I do puzzles?"  When she finishes one she'll ask,"Pleeeaaase Mom, can I do it again?" like I was about to snatch it away and throw it back in the closet.


After dinner movies- We've done our homework, piano practice, and chores, and we've played every board game we own multiple times, please put on a movie!


 Umm... Jet Pack- the most addicted App I've ever seen Adam surrender too.




To always keep it exciting- iPhone pics of chapped lips and snotty noses



 Dinner with Dad- Even if he is on the road.



Life saving ideas from Pinterest- Darn it if I can't find the link for this great idea.  I guess I thought it was simple enough to stay in my brain.  Roads from painters tape and cars! Hours and hours. 

 

 

Anybody else got some good ones for me?
Or does anyone have any great summer plans I can drool over?




4 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

No summer plans yet, for us, but we are ready for winter to end, too. You have some good stuff happening there... I need to be more creative. :) ha ha ha.

Amber said...

My friend found some kids tunnels. They are made out of cloth and have the same pop out materials as windsheild dash protectors. Do you have any idea what I'm talking about? (0: Anyways, she found them at a garage sale. Maybe craigslist will have some for you.

Katy and Lorin said...

love your ideas! u should come to SD and enjoy the sunshine! lol

Unknown said...

That's a good one! We use them as rewards to get the playroom clean. "clean up the playroom and then we can get out the tunnels!"