We as a family have had to make some pretty large adjustments over the past few years. With adding three new members in less than three years we have had to get used to babies! We love them, but we know that they have taken over our lives and impeeded us on many excursions, kidding, kinda. So when the opportunity came to vacation in Key West as part of a convention for Adam's work we decided to take the big girls, Ellie and Emma, along for some much, much needed big girl time!
And we had a blast!
Adam had meetings every morning, but the girls and I did some fun things and with pools in every direction we were never ever bored. Then we filled the afternoons with adventures after adventures! We are so blessed that my mom was able to be our babysitter for the three little ones. Our plane tickets and stay at the resort was nearly completely covered by Coverstar, so that let us set some money aside for all the great things we got to try. We really wanted to make some memories for us and I think it was a success.
Parasailing: A great way to start the trip, even if Adam thought it was a little anticlimatic. I really enjoyed that peaceful view after I got over my fears from Jarrasic Park 3. It was so quiet and serene up there, plus Ellie and my spit took like 10 seconds to hit the water, we were that high up!
That smile stayed on her face for at least five full minutes after she got off the ride.
Sand Sculpture class: The girls and I did this one morning while Adam was in meetings. It was a blast. We learned a few good techniques that we are eager to try out this summer. Emma and I created a Tower for Rapunzel, while Ellie and our instructor carved a sweet dolphin.
Ellie worked hard on those waves around the base of her dolphin and on perfecting her tail.
Gotta love the swirly design and Doplies back fin.
During our sunset dinner of the pier, which was freezing, we were entertained by a family of performers who did everything from unicycles and juggling to accordian playing and balloon creations.
Snorkeling: Note to parents- If your 7 year old makes this face before you throw her into the ocean, you can bet it will not be a successful snorkeling trip. After about 5 minutes in the water we realized that 1. Emma was not going to put her head under the water or keep her mouth piece in and 2.(a little scary) the current was a lot stronger than we anticpated and we had floated way off course. We spent the next hour trying to swim back with me holding onto Ellie's hand and Emma trying to ride Adam's back. The boat driver came to rescue us after it became apparent that we were not making any progress.
Maybe in a few more years we'll try it again? Right Emma? ... no answer.
We made up for our snorkling goof with an awesome jet ski ride. Adam has begged and begged me for years to rest jet ski's whenever the opportunity arrises and I always talk him out of it. It's always so expensive and really, how fun could it be? It turns out, they ARE really fun and man do they go fast! Maybe we'll have to get some one day.
Before we knew it, it was time to pack up and head home.
Sqeezing in some homework before boarding our plane home.
What a great, great trip!
I loved every minute of it.
And I think they did too!
You know how I know?
They didn't argue once all week. :)




















6 comments:
What a great trip! Lucky girls!!
Oh how awesome! I love it and I am a bit jealous! How fun! I keep meaning to give you a call...but the time difference seems to get in my way. By the time I have a free moment, it is 10:00 over there... I will try harder.
Jules, I am always up at 10. Whats your number, I'll give you a wake up call one of these days?
Sounds like a really fun trip! I am glad you and the girls got to go with Adam.
So much fun!
WOW! What an awesome opportunity and they will definitely remember it :) It looks like you all had a great time. Good for you!!
Post a Comment