I have loved how our tree gets better and better each year. Adam's mom is great about getting the kids an special ornament each Christmas and with a few of our own additions, after ten years our tree is taking shape. We have a loose red and green theme with some tin stars thrown in.
I found our tin star collection at craft fair at a local church two Christmas's ago. I knew when I saw them I had to get them. They went along so well with our "tradition" of making our tree topper star each year from aluminum foil and cardboard.
We now also have quite a collection of Popsicle handmade ornaments, which are by far my favorite. Growing up I always wanted the designer tree perfectly coordinated and couldn't understand why my mother continued to mess up our tree with all those tacky homemade ornaments that we brought home from school. I know now why they were so precious to her.






I also love how my "mantle" improves each year with the additions we keep adding.
My mom is the stocking maker and the grand kids and newly married's are coming so fast now she can hardly keep up.
Right before school let out, we had crazy hair day. I was given the responsibility of gathering the supplies for crazy hair day. They requested pink and blue hair spray. But I failed. Pink hair spray is not sold at our local Big Y. I wouldn't have worried, except that this was the second year in a row that I had not procured the dreamed after colored hairspray. I didn't want to disappoint my girls again, so Google and I searched for a DIY hair dye, because of course I was out of KoolAid.
Conditioner and food coloring seemed to do the job.
Emma opted for some twisty buns. She thought her hair was crazy, but things got even crazier when we took those little guys out the next day.
Ellie started BBall. I can hardly hold in my excitement.
There are two other girls on her team among all those tough looking boys.
We hit up the park maybe for the last time this year after our appointment to get them ALL their flu shots.
We got new neighbors.
And we made some super teeny tiny gingerbread houses.
Let Christmas come!
And thank you Amazon for helping me get it ready!











No comments:
Post a Comment