Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Last Day


Finally, their last day of school!

Here is a little before and after.
The biggest changes for both girls is their teething arrangements.
Emma went from the cutsie baby mouth, to loosing 8 through the year, and growing in both of those big front ones.

And thankfully, Ellie's lone big tooth in front got its partner.  We'll take it, even if it means braces in a few years.  She is also sporting her new haircut from just a few days ago.


These girls have loved their school and their teachers.  Each have made some very good friends.  Ellie raced home from the bus with her report card in hand.  She handed it to me and grabbed the phone and started dialing.  "Mom, here's my report card.  Now hurry and tell me which teacher I got for third grade so I can tell Hailey!"  And she spent the rest of the afternoon calling her friends to see if anyone else would be in her class next year.  

Look at Emma, smiling with all she's got!


Now on to summer!
We spent some time today nailing down what kind of schedule we want for our easy summer days.  We got out the journals and the flash cards I had picked up at Target a couple of weeks ago.  We posted the reading lists for 3rd grade on our bulletin board and the math calendars for each of the girls.  I showed them the crafts I have been collecting on my Pinterest boards.  That got some Ooohs and Awwwes(I love pinterest btw, such a great way "to stick a pin" in a great idea)

Now we need to write down were we want to go this summer so we make sure it happens.

Our stay home day schedule:
AM- cleaning chores, piano, and swimming lessons
Quiet Time:  Journal, math, and crafts/cooking
PM/Fun Time: friends over, swimming, playing
Bedtime: movies, reading, family games

Alot of you have already had a month of summer vacation.  How is it going?  Any tips or fun things you've done?

4 comments:

Snort said...

Crafts at quiet time? You're an awesome mom. Our quiet time is finding something QUIET to do in your room while mommy recuperates from the morning while doing laundry.

Oh, and we've been swimming everyday. The kiddos love it and it wears them out for the rest of the day :)

Anonymous said...

I'm doing library programs for both and dance lessons for Shelby. Check your library to see if they have any.

Anonymous said...

Or go to http://www.thomastonct.org/Content/Seasonal_Programs_.asp

Julie Barnes said...

Wow, I think I missed a lot happening on your blog! Your girls are just so beautiful! So proud to hear that Ellie donated her hair. Wow! What a compasionate girl!