Thursday, January 27, 2011

Little Miracles

Sunday morning a miracle happened before church. During the big rush for the car as Gracie was whining behind me and our little buddy was clawing at my legs to be picked up after being ignored for so long AND I was telling Emma loudly to find her coat and put it on as I was gathering quiet toys and snacks and cursing myself for not getting my bag packed the night before, an angel entered my life.  Ellie was standing next to me and asked," Mom, what can I do for you?"

At that moment I could have picked her up and twirled her around the room, kissed and hugged, and given her a pony.  What a little angel I have here.  Always so considerate and kind and looking for ways to help others.  What a wonderful reminder of the special gift I have been given, to be mom of such an amazing soul.



*To those in the East, have you noticed the beautiful light coming in your windows after the snow stops and the sun comes out and reflects off the wonderful white stuff in the afternoons?  Get your kids over to the window and snaps some pictures.  Just make sure you focus on them and not out the window.  If you want to get even better exposure, get out your cameral manual and find out how to put your camera on SPOT metering instead of overall metering.  Every camera can do it.  It changes the settings so that the camera decides its exposure from whats in the middle "spot" of the camera and not the average exposure for the scene.  Make any sense?  Now go to it.

5 comments:

Tricia said...

Such a cute girl. Great pics!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ellie!

Snort said...

Awww, that honestly choked me up a little bit. I think that she does deserve that pony...

Stacy Smith said...

I love it when they do that.

Don and Sharon said...

Love your pictures and stories on your blog. So proud of Ellie.