Saturday, November 06, 2010

Clean up with Dad

The girls had a good day with dad, or maybe dad had a good day with his girls.
It is yard clean up time around here, and that means raking leaves, loading wood, and burning branches.
But it can still be fun if you get to jump in the back of the truck with the leaves falling down around you.  Or it can be fun as you roast your hotdog for lunch over the branches you've gathered.  It is even a little fun to go to the dump to get rid of those leaves, because dad usually stops for a slushy on the way home.





And its even fun to dodge the green tomatoes
that don't have a chance to ripen because winter is on its way.

Its also fun to watch from the safety of a carseat.
Its NOT so fun to watch from the window with a cold(me),
but is is so nice and warm and quiet in here(maybe its not so bad).


2 comments:

Lines Family said...

I think you got the better end of the deal! How fun to spend sometime with Dad though.

Snort said...

I think I would cry if I had to rake all of those leaves! And I agree with Lisa.