Sunday, October 17, 2010

Officially Two

Gracie had her birthday!  
She is a real life two-year-old, oh help!   

Her birthday was a simple affair.  I took her to Big Lots in the morning to pick out a present.  She choose a baby doll and a little carrier, and when the kids and dad got home we went for cupcakes at the park.  When I told my mother-in-law our plans for her birthday, she just laughed, "Sounds like someone with four kids"   Absolutely, we are simple, fun, uncomplicated birthday celebrators!


Funny thing is, Gracie does not like cupcakes!  I had a moment during that afternoon when I was starting the cupcakes and asked myself, "Why don't we just go out for ice cream?"  but I pushed it aside thinking that I should at least make "something" for my little girl.  And when we got to the park and put the cupcakes in front of her she made a sour face and pushed them away with a "yuck!"  The other girls finally got her to blow out the candles and take a bite, but as soon as they weren't looking she ran off for the slides.

Happy Birthday little girl(next year I'll remember the ice cream cake)!!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Gracie!

Christine said...

Your cupcakes look so cute! What a great Mommy you are! :)

Lines Family said...

Happy Birthday Gracie! She is so cute.

Snort said...

Isn't it funny how we convince ourselves that we have to do this if we want to be a good mommy? *Sigh* Looks like she enjoyed the party anyway!