Monday, August 02, 2010

How's the Summer Going!

Well, July is over and all thats left is August before school starts again.
We have checked off a bit more than half of our summer to-do's and we still have a lot of fun left to try.

Here are some of our July fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This sand clay was a lot of fun, but a little rough on my pot. I had to laugh at myself during the process of heating the sand and corn starch over my cooktop, "I am cooking sand in a pot over my stove!" I used to make mud pies as a kid but this is ridiculous.

Ant swarm exploring
Photobucket

Photobucket


Computing
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Snow cone making
Photobucket

"Hiking"
Photobucket

Tennis playing
Photobucket
Photobucket

A little more Camping
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Swinging
Photobucket

And T-shirt Tie-Dying
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

As you can see, not only did we get to do these fun things, but a lot of the time we had great friends to share them with. My friend Kim and I got together every week this month with something fun planned for the kids. We called it "camp" and it was a great way to keep the fun going.



3 comments:

Snort said...

Thanks for the link to sand that lasts. Pipes is having a mermaid party on Saturday and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with a dozen girls for two hours. Hopefully my pot will survive it...

Julie Barnes said...

wow!!! sounds like so much fun. AND it is hard to believe summer is ending... we are not ready for cold weather.

Melanie said...

Looks like lots of fun!! My aunt gave my boys those miniature marshmallow guns a few months ago...they love it...but they kind of love eating the marshmallows more. :) so funny. i was laughing imagining the whole sand and pot ordeal. The sacrifices we make. :)