1. 3 Helping girls- best if ages 7, 5, and 19 months
2. Some wood
3. Some screws
4. A measuring tape
5. And a saw
First, measure, measure, cut, and assemble.




Then set in ground, line with plastic, and fill with soil.



And lastly, fill with little plants, flowers, and seeds.




We had such a great time with this little family project. Adam even let the girls run the chop saw(with extreme supervision). We pretended to let them run the show. Ellie was doing the math, Emma was doing the measuring. And together we assembled them.
A couple of days after setting them in place, the girls and I bought the little veggie and flower plants to plant. I wish I could have got some pictures of the actual planting, but I was elbows into manure so I didn't grab my camera.
We are looking forward to the fun of watering and observing and harvesting without weeding.
Raised beds are 2' by 6' built with 4x4 cedar post and 1x6 cedar planks.
Plans here.The soil is an equal mixture of compost, pete moss, and vermiculite,from square foot gardening.
2 comments:
Those look awesome and the girls look so happy working on the project. Very cool!
Nicely done! what a great idea to have some family fun quality time!
Post a Comment