
Hey little brother,
We still love you and are missing you. Every once in a while Emma will pray for her "Jake Jake the pillow snake"( she learned that from Grandpa because thats what he calls you when we talk about you). Today I was missing home a little bit. We sang our favorite hymn in church today, "Come ye children of the Lord." Do you remember when Robert and I learned to play that one on the piano. It was the easiest one in our simplified hymnbook and we would play it over and over, we pretty much ruined it for everyone. I can't hear that song without imagining Bob's big fingers pounding out the melody. And as we were singing the hymn today, Ellie was flipping through the song book and found, "The Day Dawn in Breaking" and she pointed to it, "hey there's Grandpa's song". How many times have we been awakened by his singing these words? Even Ellie knows what that song is for.
We are looking forward to spring and I know you are too. Enough of the cold.
Love,
Kayla
No comments:
Post a Comment