Isn't that a sad sentence to read?
Sundays are usually thought of as restful.
Where or where are MY restful Sundays?
Adam had just returned from a four day business trip Saturday night. With the kids bathed and sent to bed there were still food to get ready for the morrows potluck, a haircut for Adam, and Sunday clothes to get ready. Sunday brought early morning meetings for Adam, the children primary program for the girls( and I am the music leader and with Adam's closing remarks people saw a lot of the Marble family). After church we had baptisms, 8 baptisms! It was pretty cool to welcome two new families and another member into our ward. Our potluck followed the baptisms(I am the activities person too) with organizing and cleanup. I snuck in some family pictures of my friends and then we finally made it home where we ate a quick family meal as Adam got ready for another meeting to happen that night.
As Gracie is crying in my arms for who knows why and the kitchen is a disaster and the other girls are fighting, he leans over me, "Kayla, I feel like I'm one of those early missionaries leaving to Europe and you are the wife who is going to cross the plains yourself."
While I agreed for him for a moment, I soon started to chuckle to myself. "No, I guess it's not that bad." How hard can it be, really, to spend the evening at home with my children when others have traveled on foot across the country. We have food, we have beds, and heaters, and ice cream, and movies.
With a little perspective behind me, what I thought was going to be a dreadful evening turned out just fine.
And finding this cute guy on my camera that night helped too. See the rest of the family on my photo blog.

4 comments:
Hugs to you guys from Idaho!
I think that you guys are amazing to be able to all that you do. I hope that it gets easier. Maybe in about 4-5 years when Adam is released.
Thanks for sharing, perspective is just what I needed to help me change my attitude.
So true. It was fun seeing Adam for a bit when he was here in Utah. He read books to the girls and of course they loved it. Sundays are not so restful sometimes...but always fulfilling.
Post a Comment