
I grew up as a tomboy. I didn't pay attention very well to all the things that my mother could do. Most of her sewing and cooking and craftiness, I considered silly and sissy. But in my five years of motherhood I have wished to be able to do all the things she could have taught me. Instead I have had to stumble through them myself, from cooking to mending to laundry. Being the mother of two very girlie-girls has also taught me a lot. They have pushed me to do things that I would have never dreamed of. For example, this year for school, they have all skirts, leggings, and tights, because that is what they like to wear. No jeans or sweatshirts. Adam always laughs when I try something new and girlie, because when he met me I was a serious Basketball player who didn't seem to have any domestic skills. He must have had a lot of faith to marry a girl like me.
Well, today, I did something that I would have never imagined, I made bows for my girls hair. I have meant to get them pretty hair things for years, but purchasing them seemed silly. They are overpriced and surely someone, like a grandmother, would notice my girls lack of hair ribbons and fix the problem. Well it hasn't happened yet, so I decided to take a crack at it, and you know what? I surprised myself, it wasn't too hard, and I even had fun.
For some inspiration, I scanned through some of the links on this girls page SheDoesHair.
7 comments:
So cute! It is suprising how easy and fun making hairbows can be!
Isn't that a fun website. I only wish that I could make hairbows like you just did. I actually went to the dollar store and picked up a gift bow and made that into a hairbow. I'm lazy. Congrats on making the bows. I'm proud of you.
Were they the ones the girls had in today at church? If so, I am impressed. Braids and bows! I am trying to master the ponytail.
Whew Kayla, they look so cute!! I bet your girls love them.
I'm sure you had visit Joahn's store they have so many little things to do those hairbows, like buttons and such, They look very cure, I may hire you to make some for Sam.
Wow, Kayla making bows. Gotta right this down....just kidding! I always new you were part girlie girl too! :o) The bows turned out very cute.
lucky girls to have a mom like you, love ya, Sharon
Post a Comment