Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ellie the Worker


We are working on a project at home. I think Adam realized that my nesting instincts were not being utilized as we don't know what kind of baby we are having and I can't make any sort of preparations yet. He suggested we tackle the basement playroom, a room we have always meant to be more of a family room than the pile of toys that have seem to take over. We are redoing the basement ceiling tiles, adding recessed lighting, painting, and finding a better arrangement for television watching.

I'll give you some before pictures. I usually keep the place a little neater, but I thought these would get a more dramatic effect when you see the end result.

Ellie has been our little helper throughout the project. Yesterday, I was putting the face plates back on the outlets and she asked if she could try. I let her and she completed the rest of them. It was the cutest thing, she kept the screwdriver in her front pocket as she worked around the room. Later, she tried to tease Adam and went and found a toy cell phone and cover to hook to her belt to use while working.




This is kind of the way we are heading, but I'm not sure how well the curtains go with the couch, Jen, Robin? what do you think?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog through Becca's blog in Safford, through Shannon's blog in Georgia. I knew Adam really well, and Andrea, too. We were in Sunshine Generation together, and then later in Enrichment class, too. (and I have some fun pictures of him at Roper Lake) Adam was always so great! I just read a few posts, but I was wondering where you live and what Adam is doing for work, and just general catching up, you know? My husband and I and our four children just moved to Utah from Arizona. I don't have a blog yet, but my email is bilbobear2003@yahoo.com, if the two of you get a chance, I'd love to hear from you! Take care, Amanda Randall Briggs

KIM D said...

I'm NOT Jen or Robin, but I LIKE the curtains. {and the butterfly}

KIM D said...

We should make it into a contest...you do your basement and I'll do Savanna's room, the kitchen, AND all the trim. Who will finish first?!? Wait--is it fair to challenge a lady with child?

Jordan said...

Projects are always fun! I like taking a room and changing things around! Good Luck. I can't wait to see the finished results.

Maureen serrano said...

I just love Elli, she is a hands on kind of girl, I will love to see the finish project, I kind of have one of those comming up too, I could use the help too.

Snort said...

Good luck with the room- and don't forget to take plenty of rests and just let Adam take over!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Ellie! Kayla, athe combination looks goodYes, especially the butterfly. You will enjoy it. Nana

Bethany said...

Yeah! How great it will be for you and the girls to have a nice space to play and relax. It looks like the girls have a fun time helping and I like the direction you're taking...excited to see the finished product!