Saturday, February 09, 2008

Getting Your Goat

Ellie has a few little items that really get her annoyance. We find it a bit funny that she has these little "pet pieves."

1. The absence of a hand towel in the bathroom to dry your hands

2. Emma singing all night long while she is trying to sleep, because she has school tomarrow

3. Having her favorite outfits in the dirty clothes


I guess I just don't have a good enough turn around time on laundry for her. It isn't really realistic to have her favorite skirt newly washed everyday, plus I might be purposefully forgetting to wash it and she senses it. So today, she took matters into her own hands. She dragged her dirty clothes hamper to the washing machine, emptied the dryer and loaded it again with the clothes from the washer, emptied her hamper into the washer, and then asked me to teach her how to turn it on. I was happy to help and Ellie successfully washed her own laundry and I will have to fight with her tomarrow about not wearing her crazy skirt to church.

10 comments:

Christy said...

Do you know that Patrick wears his socks inside out? This is something that I never would have let my first born do, but by #3, well, you just let things go! Take a look tomorrow, you'll see. Meanwhile, I'll be seeing what Ellie is wearing!

Jen said...

My sister had to wear the same dress every day so my mother washed that dress every day and didn't show her how to do the wash until she left for college.

Great job keeping mom motivated Ellie!

Bethany said...

Go Ellie! Soon she'll be doing everyone's laundry, right? How funny. I like the blog about Emma Bemma too...so cute. You look way cute in your graduation hat!

Snort said...

I love it! I always "forget" to wash a certain princess dress of Piper's, but she will just dig it out of the dirty clothes and wear it, stench and all...

Snort said...

P.S. Love all the El Pato!

Unknown said...

Yea, Courtney, whenever our family comes they bring us some West; tortillas from Safford's factory, El Pato and/or a big Costco sized Pace.

Annie Taylor said...

Olivia always wants to where one imperticular skirt if it is clean, I even try to put it in the bottom of the drawer, but she always find it and the clothes end up all over the floor. these girls know what they like.

Anonymous said...

Made you Look.

I Love you Honey.

Adam

Anonymous said...

never too young to learn! She will be a pro by 7!

Kimberly said...

maybe you can send her over to my house, does she fold. I have a room full of unfolded laundry that i am postponing as long as i can. . . i think three days is long enough :)