Friday, November 09, 2007

Tag. . . I'm it

Being tagged gives you the excuse to blog all about yourself so. . .Six things about me that you might not know.

1. If you can't tell from the pictures on my blog, I love Fall!! Growing up in Southern Arizona I have never seen such radiant color(except for the sunsets-which are pretty cool in the desert). I love the whole atmosphere, the weather turning chilly, pulling out sweaters and coats and hats and mittens(I never had a pair of mittens before moving here), the hot chocolate and the warm stews, and mostly I love the feeling that the holidays are just around the corner and school will be over!

2. I take my last final on Dec 10, only a month away!! After my seven year journey to two community colleges and three universities, I will end up with a BA in General Studies with an emphasis in Mathematics. An emphasis is less than a minor, but I will still be able to earn a teaching certificate and teach math some time down the road, and hey how many people do you know with 30 credits of college math?

3. I love MY time. Once a week I drop the kids off at preschool and I have a *magic* hour and a half to myself before I have to go to class. Usually I grab a breakfast sandwich and come home to finish my homework in peace. But on the rare occasions when I have had my homework done, I zoom around the house for half an hour finishing the breakfast dishes and starting the laundry, and then I head for Target, where I can stroll through every isle and look at anything I want unhampered by children's whines for my remaining hour. Oh, bliss.

4. I want to become a photographer, or at least be better at taking pics of my family. I'm looking into a night class at one of the community colleges around this spring, anyone interested in taking it with me?

5. I have read nearly all of Louis Lamour's western novels. I used to be a big fan, I probably still am, but lately I have been able to read some very good books. Thanks to Tricia's recommendations this year I have read the Great Stone Gap series, the Twilight series, and Sarah's Quilt series. All of which were superb, and I am waiting in haste for more in the Twilight series.

6. I love our budget. About six month's ago, Adam and I decided it was about time to grow up and that we really need to take stock of where our money was going and to begin to manage it better. It has been a real eye-opener to see what we can do when we really put our mind to sticking with our budget and setting real goals. I know it is a bit sad, but this is the first Christmas that I am really excited to shop for. We have money put aside for all the gift we want to give and there is plenty to go around. I am not just excited about what I am giving my kids, I am excited that after these holidays we won't be whipped out like usual. I also love the grocery game, can I make it the rest of the week with two gallons of milk, no laundry detergent, and a dwindling tube of tooth paste? You bet I can, although in regard to the toothpaste, Barbie bubble gum flavor will make you gag.

People I tag are Jordan, Courtney, Lindy, Jen A, Tanjua, and Leah. . oh and I want to tag Mel's sister Chez because I know she likes to be tagged just like me.

5 comments:

Cherished Moments Turned Into Family Memories said...

Thanks for tagging me. This was interesting. Neat to see things about others.

Tricia said...

That was interesting. I enjoyed learning more about you. And, I'm glad you like the books!

Melanie said...

LOL, I love the Barbie toothpaste gag comment. Your are such a trooper. I mean, I already knew that about you, but I just think it is SO GREAT. Wish I could take that photography class with you, that would have been cool.

Jen said...

I just want to add that the watermelon toothpaste isn't much better! I've been wanting to take a photography class.

Anonymous said...

Made you look.

I love you,

Adam