Monday, October 15, 2007

An FHE to be Proud Of




We have been a working progress, but tonight we did it all. We started with prayer, song, lesson, activity, another song, prayer, and treat. Here are our attempts at pumpkin carving, and also the long awaited recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.









Aunt Teresa's Any Kind Cookies

Cream together:
2 c butter(or margarine)
2 c sugar
2 c brown sugar

Add and Mix:
4 eggs
2 t. vanilla

Add and Mix together:
4 c flour
5 c blended up oatmeal(put in blender til it turns to powder-measure before blending)
1 t. salt
2 t. baking powder
2 t. baking soda

Add chocolate chips, raisins, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, whatever you want! Roll golf ball size cookies and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for no more than 9 or 10 minutes-they should not look done if you want them to be chewy(this is the most important tip).


Also, this recipe makes a ton of cookies. I mixed up 1/4 of the recipe for tonight's FHE and it made over 2 dozen cookies. I love to add walnuts too. Also they freeze very well. But remember the rules, 1) you can't make them for any of my ward functions, 2)you always have to use real butter, and 3)you have to pack some in your husband's lunch for the next day.

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Those cookies look really yummy! Your pumpkins look really cute, good for you. Last night for FHE we played ring around the rosies...the girls were laughing a lot...great fun.

KIM D said...

I can't believe you've made it public!! The chaos is sure to begin--I know I'll be eating them ALONE for the next few days :)

Melanie said...

This is dangerous for me...and I'm so pumped!!! Mmmmm...danger. ;)

Lisa Lines said...

Try getting a singles groups together for a functional FHE...4 boys to 16 girls motivates no one. Much love from Idaho.

Snort said...

Looks like lots of fun- it sure is an adventure doing Family Night, isn't it? The cookies look delicious!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Judy (Skousen) said your kids are cute!Love Mom