
Adam is not here this weekend, so we can do anything we want. We didn't have to spend Saturdays the way he likes. No cleaning out work trucks, or straightening up his warehouse, or taking a drive to a presite, or shopping at HomeDepot for tools he has broken during the week. We are on our own.I have wanted to take the girls to the zoo all summer but I guess it never happened. My friends were all too chicken to go to the Bronx Zoo in New York City and I didn't feel like taking the two hour drive by myself, so the girls and I settled on the Beardley Zoo in Bridgeport CT only a forty minute drive. We went on Saturday and had a pretty good time. I have only a few complaints. First, it was small. We saw every exhibit within the first hour and we were not just cruising through, we stopped, read all the signs, and observed. Next, their Rainforest building stank so so so BAD. And that of course was the Emma's favorite exhibit with the Tucan and Monkeys. Ellie's favorites were the Ground Hog Hut, the Tigers, the Bears, and the Alligators.




2 comments:
Yeah...I guess there never was a morning over the summer where I was like, hmmm, the Bronx sounds good today. ;) I'm glad you had fun in Bridgeport...even if you were able to see everything in an hour!
you are such an adventerous mommma! Thanks so much for having Adam come it this weekend, it was really great to have him here, although it would have been perfect you could have come I know what a sacrifice it was to have him come!!! Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou love ya, annie
Post a Comment