Saturday, April 29, 2006

Where's Ellie?

Parental nightmare, today I lost Ellie in a store!

We were all at Kohls, Adam, I and the girls. We were getting summer clothes for Ellie. Ellie and I were walking out of the dressing room and we could see Adam down one of the isles, or at least I could. Ellie shouted, "Let's go get Daddy." I didn't think anything of it because I thought that she could see him also, "Sure Ellie run down the isle and get Dad." But when I walked up next to Adam there was no Ellie. I did a quick search, then a little larger search around the girls clothes, and then I got worried. Adam went to the front of the store and I reported her missing at customer service. "Associated we have a code Yellow." Within minutes they found her yelling for me at the front of the store, but those were some long minutes. I don't think she really understood, she knows she is not supposed to run off, but she thought she had permission to go and find Daddy. When we asked her why she ran off, she says that Daddy is the one that ran away.
I love my girls so much, and I hope that I never have to feel that fear again. I realize that parenting is never free from worry and that is a tiring thought.

No comments: